Capgemini Campus Placement - Aptitude questions from last years
Here are a few more questions asked in the numerical section of the written test at Capgemini Campus Placements:
1. During a given week an author spends 1/4 of his time preparing first drafts, 3/8 of his time editing the drafts and the rest of the time in preparing final drafts. If he works 48 hours during the week, how many hours did he spend in preparing final drafts?
2. A mall installed 36 cctvs at the beginning of the year. In March they installed 9 additional cctvs and then disconnected 18 in August. How many were still installed at the end of the year.
3. Ramesh owns 2/3 of the travel business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs. 75000. What is the value of his travel business?
4. If 12 box containers require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 box containers require?
5. A speedboat whose speed is 15 kmph in still water goes 30 kmph downstream and comes back in a total of 4hrs 30min. What is the speed of the stream in kmph?
6. The average salary of Ram, Shyam and Sundar is 95 Rs. per week. If Ram earns Rs.115 and Shyam earns Rs.65.What is the salary of Sundar.
7. Sky Heaven is a 16 stored building with 12000 sq. feet on each floor. Zintac International rents 7 floors and Zobia International rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq. feet of unrented floor space?
8. The Parallelogram PQRS, the line RS have midpoint T from line PQ. What is the ratio of Triangle PTS / parallelogram PQRS?
A. 1: 3
D. 1: 2
9. Rajdhani Express starts from Delhi at 12:00 pm and reaches Chandigarh at 2:30 pm and Doronto Express starts from Chandigarh at 12:15 and reach at Delhi at 2:15 . What will be the time when both the trains will cross each other?
A. 1:15 pm
B. 2:30 pm
C. 2: 15 pm
D. 3:30 pm
10. A mall installed 36 cctvs at the beginning of the year. In March they installed 9 additional cctvs and then disconnected 18 in August. How many were still installed at the end of the year.
11. There are 6561 cricket balls out of them 1 is heavy. Find the minimum no. of times the cricket balls have to be weighed for finding out the heavy ball.
12. If Dev walks 30 miles/hr. he reaches 1 hour before and if he walks with a speed of 20 miles/hr. he reach 1 hour late. Find the distance between 2 points and the exact time of reaching destination is 11 am then find the speed with which he walks.
A. 120 miles and 25 miles/ hr.
B. 120 miles and 24 miles/hr.
C. 150 miles and 28 miles/hr.
D. 150 miles and 25 miles/ hr.
13. A robber steals half the total no of pastry plus 1/2 tray from a pastry shop. A second robber steals half the remaining no of pastry plus 1/2 tray and so on. After the 5th thief has
stolen there are no more pastry left in the pastry shop. What was the total no of pastry did the pastry shop have at the beginning.
14. A certain quantity of milk is found to be adulterated to the extent of 10%. What proportion of the adulterated milk should be replaced with pure milk to take the purity level to 98%?
15. A printer produced 176,400 pages in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many pages did it print per minute?
16. From its total income, an IT company spent Rs.20, 000 for marketing, half of the remainder on operations and had Rs.6000 left. What is the total income of the company?
17. Gaurav buys milk at Rs. 60 per litre, adds water to it and then sells it at Rs. 75 per litre. What should be the ratio of milk to water to get a profit of 37.5%?
B. 10: 1
D. 14: 1
18. On Monday a manufacturer processed a batch of bats, on Tuesday he processed three times as many, and on Wednesday he processed 4000 bats. In the three days, He processed 16000 bats. How many did he process on Tuesday?
19. A tiffin box manufacturer reduces the price of his school kids’ tiffin from Rs.30/- to Rs.28/- per tiffin and the price of regular tiffin from Rs.24/- to Rs.23/- per tiffin. A caterer normally spends Rs.1440/- a month for tiffin
and 3/4 of this is for regular tiffin. How much will they save a month under the new prices?
20. There is a rectangular terrace whose length and width are 60m X 20m. There is a walkway of uniform width around terrace. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway:
21. If a bank clerk can process 80 drafts in half an hour, how many drafts can she process in seven and half hour day?
22. The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5: 1. What is the length of the rectangle If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm?
23. The dimensions of a certain box are 48" X 30" X 52". If the size of the box is increased proportionately until the sum of its dimensions equals 156", what will be the increase in the shortest side?
24.What is the least number of squares marbles required to pave the floor of a room 15 m 17 cm long and 9 m 2 cm broad?
25. In a certain college, 20% of the boys and 40% of the girls attended the annual college outing. If 35% of all the students are boys, what percent of all the employees went to the outing?