Capgemini Campus Placement - Aptitude questions from previous years
Here are a few questions asked in the numerical section of the written test of Capgemini in last some years:
1. The cycle has following specifications:
The rear derailer is on the 14 tooth gear and the front derailer is on the 52 tooth gear. The rear gear has 14 teeth. The diameter of the rear wheel is 27". If a cyclist pedals at 75 revolutions per minute, then what will be the speed achieved?
2. Mr. Sohan works for Azania Company. The company grants 1000 shares to Mr. Sohan in 2008. At that point each share is worth Rs. 100. In 2010, he decides to sell his entire stake and at that point, the value is Rs. 120 per share. The government declares that the tax to be paid is 10% of the entire profit. Due to the inflation, the value of a rupee in 2010 is equivalent to 0.8 of a rupee in 2008. In this situation, which of the following model indicates the actual tax to be paid by the investor?
A. 120 Rs at 2008 value " 100 Rs at 2010 value * (1 Re at 2008 value / 0.9 Re at 2010 value)
B. 100 Rs at 2010 value " 120 Rs at 2008 value * (1 Re at 2010 value / 0.8 Re at 2008 value)
C. 120 Rs at 2010 value " 100 Rs at 2008 value
D. 120 Rs at 2010 value " 100 Rs at 2008 value * (1 Re at 2010 value / 0.8 Re at 2008 value)
3. The minimum token cost is Rs. 100, which grants the token holder to travel up to a distance of 10 miles. And for every additional mile travelled, the charge is Rs. 10. A minimum luggage weight of 10 kg is not charged, after which it is charged at Rs. 1 per kg. During a specific journey, suppose you carry a weight of 'k' kg, and a distance of 'p' miles is travelled, which equation will indicate the correct total charge to be paid by the traveller?
A. 100 + (10 * (p-10)) + k
B. 100 - (10 * p) + (k-10)
C. 100 + (10 * (p-10)) + (k-10)
D. 100 - (10 * (p+10)) + (k-10)
4. There are two queues at a discount store billing counter. In the first queue there are a1 customers all with b1 items in their cart, while in the second queue there are a2 customers all with b2 items in their cart. It takes t seconds to process each item and p seconds for each person to pay. A customer wishes to know which queue to join.
Which one of these options gives the condition for the first queue to be the better queue to join?
A. a1(p+b1t) = a2(p+b2t)
B. a1(p+b1t) C. a2(p+b2t) = a1(p+b1t)
D. a1(p+b1t) = a2(p+b2t)
5. The ratio of cost price to the market price of an article is 4: 5. What is the profit percentage if the ratio of the profit percentage on selling the article to the discount allowed on it is 5: 4?
6. Rohan bought some rice at Rs. 10 per kilogram. He buys 2 kg rice from a ration store at the rate of Rs. 8 per kilogram. He mixes the two type of rice and sells at Rs. 11 per kilogram. He makes 25% profit. What is the ratio of non-ration to ration rice?
7. In a typical motor cycle rally, every motor cycle has to reach a speed of 20 m/min within a minute and it increase its speed by 20 m/min and the sum was 1600 m/min. Four minutes later, a new motor cyclist started running in the race. After another two minutes, the motor cyclist with the speed of 400 m/min stopped due to injuries and again two new motor cyclist started running in the race. What is the current average speed?
A. 260 m/min
B. 220 m/min
C. 280 m/min
D. 290 m/min
8. Find the speed of the boat in still water if the river runs at 4 km/hr. The time taken by a Suresh to row the boat upstream is 3 as the time taken by him to row it downstream.
A. 16 km/hr.
9. M, N, O are jogging in the same direction around a circular track. The track is marked with numbers from 1 to 12, like the dial of a watch. The 12 numbers are uniformly spaced on the track. M overtakes N once at 5 and then the next time again at 9. M overtakes O once at 2 and then the next time again at 4. Find the ratio of N's speed to O's speed?
10. Ramesh working alone on a job takes 12 days more than what he would have taken if Suresh had worked along with him while Suresh working alone on the same job takes 27 days more than what he would have taken if Ramesh had worked along with him. Find the time that both of them would take together to do the job.
11. Mahesh and Ramesh are questioners. The time taken by Mahesh and make a question is double of that taken by Ramesh. If Mahesh made 3/2 questions less each minute and Ramesh made 3 questions less each minute, to make m questions, the time taken by Ramesh would be 2n minutes less than that taken by Mahesh. If Ramesh takes n minutes to make m questions, find the number of questions that Ramesh can make in a minute?
12. Sita bought a handbag for Rs. 144 and got a percentage of profit equal to the cost price of the handbag. What is the cost price of the handbag?
A. Rs. 72
B. Rs. 78
C. Rs. 80
D. Rs. 90
13. The price of raw materials has gone up by 15%, labour cost has also increased from 25% of the cost of raw material to 30% of the cost of raw material. By how much percentage should there be a reduction in the usage of raw materials so as to keep the cost same
14. In the given quadratic equation, mx2+nx+o=0
If the ratio of the sum of the roots and the product of roots is 2:7, what can be possible values of b and c?
A. n=2, o=7
B. n=7, o=2
C. n=-2, o=-7
D. n=-2, o=7
15. A sum of money becomes 2.5 times itself at 12.5% simple interest p.a. What should be the period of investment to get this much return?
A. 6 years
B. 8 years
C. 12 years
D. 20 years
16. The mean of 100 bags was found to be 30. What will be the correct mean
if at the time of calculation two bags were wrongly taken as 32 and 12 instead of 23 and 11?
17. In how many rows will 200 Miranda bottles be placed, if 200 Miranda bottles are stacked in such a way that there are 20 bottles in the bottom, 19 in the next row, 18 in the row next and so on?
A. 5 rows
B. 16 rows
C. 10 rows
D. 25 rows
18. A rectangular tank can hold m litres of milk. Find how many litres of milk can a tank hold when all its dimensions are doubled?
A. 2m litres
B. 23 litres
C. 4m litres
D. 6m litres
19. A triangle has sides of lengths 10, 24 and k. k is a positive integer. The number of values of k for which this triangle has three acute angles is
20. In the rectangle LMNO, the perpendicular bisector of LN divides the longer side LM in a ratio 2: 1. Then the angle between LN and MO is
21. A sphere of 10.5 cm radius is melted. It is then casted into a cuboid of maximum volume. What will be the total surface area of such cuboid?
22. Calculate the area of the triangle in square cm if a right angled triangle where the length of the shorter leg is one third of the length of its hypotenuse. And the length of the shorter leg is 7 cm.
A. 7 * square root of 2
C. 14 * square root of 2
D. 49 * square root of 2
23. Seema's weight is 25% of Sunita's weight and 40% of Tanisha's weight. What percentage of Tanisha's weight is Sunita's weight?
24. Three years ago my uncle offered me a used keyboard for Rs. 1024. A year later he offered me the same for Rs. 640 and last year he wanted Rs. 400 and now he is willing to sell it to me for Rs. 250. But I have decided to buy it when he reduces the price next time. If he is constantly reducing its price, at what price will he offer the keyboard to me next?
B. Rs. 156.25
C. Rs. 211.25
D. Rs. 206.75
25. A number, when it is divided by 8 it gives a remainder 3 and is divisible by both 3 and 5. Find the number.