HAL Placement Papers - Current Affairs Question
HAL selection process consists of a written test. The question asked in the written test consists of objective type questions.
The question asked in the written test is of multiple types of questions. The students are expected to select the correct option.
Here are a few questions asked in the HAL written test of current affairs:
1. When was battle of Plessey fought?
2. Who was the Miss World 2013?
A. Megan Young
B. Marine Lorphelin
C. Naa Okailey
D. Laura Jane Corker
3. How many Major Mountain Ranges in India?
4. Which automobile company became first automaker to participate in Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programme in India on 23 July 2013?
a) Ford Motor Company
b) General Motors
c) Maruti Suzuki
d) Mahindra and Mahindra Limited
5. What are Uber Cup, sudiman Cup tournaments are related to?
6. What does Ophidiophobia means?
A. Fear of Height
B. Fear of water
C. Fear of snakes
D. Fear of darkness
7. Afcons Infrastructure signed a memorandum of understanding with which state government of India for setting up 250-crore Rupees fabrication yard for the oil as well as gas platforms?
a) Gujarat Government
b) Maharashtra Government
c) Tamil Nadu Government
d) Karnataka Government
8. Which country won the first Fifa world cup?
9. Zend Avesta is a holy book of which religion?
10. Who has written the autobiography "my life".
A. Bill Clinton
B. Queen Elizabeth
C. Prince Charles
D. Barack Obama
11. According to the recent satellite images, deforestation has dropped down by around one-third since 2000 in which rainforests of Africa?
A. Congo Basin
B. Zaire Basin
C. Amazon Rainforest
D. Tropical Region
12. Who had discovered oxygen?
A. Carl Scheele and Joseph Priestley
B. Carl Scheele and Charles Babbage
C. Charles Babbage
D. Benjamin Franklin
13. INSAT-3D was launched successfully by the European rocket from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana on 26 July 2013. What is the purpose of INSAT-3D?
A. To provide technological experience in building and operating a satellite system
B. To provide experience in building and operating a payload experiment three-axis stabilised communication satellite
C. For multipurpose communication: business communication, developmental communication, and mobile communication
D. Meteorological Satellite with advanced weather monitoring payloads
14. Which River passes through Budapest?
A. Pearl River
B. Danube River
C. Thames River
D. Volga River
15.The Supreme Court of India on 24 July 2013 slapped contempt notices on two Sahara firms for not complying with its order of refunding around 19000 crore rupees to investors. Which body filed the contempt petition against Sahara firms?
A. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Aulthority (PFRDA)
B. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
C. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
D. Forward Markets Commission (FMC)
16. What is the technical name of Northern Lights?
A. Aurora borealis
B. Geometric Storm
C. Solar Wind
17. Tallinn is a capital city of.
18. Who is the painter of the Famous painting "sun flower" ?
A. Edgar Degas
B. Vincent van Gogh
C. Edward Munch
D. Frida Kahlo
19. Which of these are associated with cricket stadium or ground?
A. Pavilion end
B. Nursery end
C. St. Johns Road
D. End Road
20. When did India First ever participation in Summer Olympics Games?
21. Where will be Olympics 2020 played?
22. Who was presented the Mother Teresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2013?
A. Aishwarya Rai
B. Dia Mirza
C. Susmita Sen
D. Diana Hyden
23. Manna Dey The legendary died at what age?
24. Which singer was presented the First National Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
A. Asha Bhosle
B. Lata Mangeshker
C. Usha Utthop
D. Sunidhi Chauhan
25. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first?
A. First Engineers Conclave-2013 on 17 September 2013
B. First Engineers Conclave-2013 on 17 October 2013
C. First Engineers Conclave-2013 on 17 December 2013
D. First Engineers Conclave-2013 on 17 March 2013
26. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Delivered the First Hawk Mk-132 Advanced Jet Trainer Aircraft to?
A. Indian Navy
B. Russian Navy
C. American Navy
D. Australian Navy
27. The Reserve Bank of India Increased the Repo Rate by how much points?
A. 75 Basic Points
B. 25 Basic Points
C. 10 Basic Points
D. 15 Basic Points
28. India won how many Gold Medals in Men's Field Hockey?
29. Who is the Winner of Saraswati Samman Award 2013?
B. Rani Jaisingh
C. Palashi Yuddha
D. Rani Sugatha
30. In Olympics when did India won first ever gold medal?