HAL Placement Paper - Aptitude Questions
In HAL written test the first section contains aptitude questions. The aptitude consists of multiple choice questions. The students are expected to select the right answer.
Here are a few questions asked in the Aptitude section of HAL written test:
1. Suraj has a four digit sum of money. If he is able to divide it among his 22 friends and himself equally when he spends Rs.19.What is the maximum possible amount with Suraj had
2. The ratio of Rita's age to her mother's age is 3:8. The difference of their ages is 35 years. The ratio of their ages after 4 years will be ------.
3. m*n^2 * ( m + n^2 ) = 2^13 . Solve for m and n by deduction.
A.4 & 16
B.2 & 8
C. 3 & 27
D. 5 & 125
4. A tank has 2 pipes A and B which can fill a tank in 4 hrs and 6 hrs respectively. Another pipe C can empty the tank in 4 hrs. A man wanted to set a timer which should open the pipe C
after the tank is half filled, but by mistake sets it to open when the tank is one fourth empty. The man was supposed to reach the place at the same time as the tank fills. How late was
the man to reach the spot?
A. 48 minutes
B. 36 minutes
C. 24 minutes
D. 54 minutes
5. The total number of digits in all the page numbers, of a book I am reading now, is 1689 . How many pages does my Book have ?
6. Using two 2's and two 3's and using a maximum of three mathematical signs, symbols, can you have a result in between 14 and 15 ?
7. If one-seventh of a number exceeds its eleventh part by 100 then the number is...
8. 1!*2!*3!*4!* 5!*6!*... ......... ......100! . Find the number of zero?
9. a*b*c*d*e + b*c*d*e*f + a*c*d*e*f + a*b*d*e*f + a*b*c*e*f + a*b*c*d*f = a*b*c*d*e*f and a,b,c,d,e and f are all positive no repeating integers then Solve a,b,c,d,e, and f
A. 2, 6. 16.36,125
10. 729 ml of a mixture contains milk and water in ratio 7:2. How much of the water is to be added to get a new mixture containing half milk and half water?
A. 91 ml
B. 81 ml
C. 72 ml
D. 81 ml
11. What is the 28383rd term in the series 1234567891011121314............
12. If 1.5x=0.04y then the value of (y-x)/(y+x) is
D. None of the above
13. The smallest number which when diminished by 3 is divisible by 21,28,36 and 45 is...
14. If x and y are the two digits of the number 653xy such that this number is divisible by 80, then x+y is equal to:
15. Ramesh can row 5 kmph in still water. If the river is running at 1kmph, it takes him 75 minutes to row to a place and back. How far is the place?
B. 2.5 km
C. 4 km
D. 5 km
16. If log 0.317=0.3332 and log 0.318=0.3364 then find log 0.319 ?
17. A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there?
18. Ashok a bat vendor bought hats at Rs 5 per 3 bats. He sold them at Rs 10 per 4 bats. What was his profit percentage?
19. Find by how much percentage the average of first 10 odd numbers (starting from 1) is greater than the last term.
A. 900/19 %
B. 800/66 %
C. 700/124 %
D. Cannot be determined
20. In a classroom the average height of all the boys was 170 cm. Rohan recently join the class which originally had 20 boys increased the average to 171cm. Then find the height of
21. Find the sum of all terms in the series 1, 1/2, 1/4 .....
22. X alone can do a piece of work in 15 days and Y alone can do it in 10 days. X and Y undertook to do it for Rs. 720. With the help of Z they finished it in 5 days. How much is paid to
D. Cannot be determined
23. A plane moves from 9°N40°E to 9°N40°W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time?
24. Consider the sum of first 70 natural numbers. If every digit '6' is replaced by '8' what would be the net increase and the new sum?
A.16 & 2501
B. 16 & 3501
C. 14 & 2501
D. 14 &3501
25. 3 blocks are chosen randomly on a chessboard. What is the probability that they are in the same diagonal?
26. What is the area of the triangle ABC with A(e,p) B(2e,3p) and C(3e,5p)? where p = PI (3.141592654)
27. Reema and Sana were walking on the road. Reema said, "I weigh 51 Kgs. How much do you weigh?" Sana replied that she wouldn't reveal her weight directly as she is overweight. But
she said, "I weigh 29 Kgs plus half of my weight."How much does Sana weigh?
28. Consider the sum: ABC + DEF + GHI = JJJ .If different letters represent different digits, and there are no leading zeros, what does J represent.
29. A person travels at a speed of 4kmph from A to B and returns to A with a speed of 5Kmph. Find his average speed?
30. Consider two cars A and B. Speed of A is 10 Kmph. Speed of B is 3 times faster than that of A. What will be the ratio of time taken by B to cover the same distance as that of A.