Robert Bosch Interview Experience - Hubli, July 17, 2015
Aptitude: 20 Questions.
Some of the questions asked:
1) A began a business with Rs. 21,000 and is joined afterwards by B with Rs. 42,500. For how much period does B join, If the profits at the end of the year are divided in the ratio 3 : 1?
2) How many kg of pure salt must be added to 50 of 4 % solution of salt and water to increase it to a 10 % solution?
3) A tank is filled by three pipes A, B and C. The pipe C is twice as fast as B and B is twice as fast as A. How much time will pipe A alone take to fill the tank ?
4) The distance between two stations Delhi and Lucknow is 500 km. A train starts at 5 pm from delhi and moves towards Lucknow at an average speed of 50 km / hr, Another train starts at 4.20 pm and moves towards delhi at an average speed of 70 km/hr. How far from delhi the two trains meet and at what time ? (Similar question).
5) A, B and C enter into a business. A put Rs. 1000 for 6 months, B puts Rs. 1200 for 8 months and C puts Rs. 1400 for 10 months. Their gain was Rs. 666. Find out the share of each partners.
Basically they focussed mainly on time & work, permutations & combinations, profit & loss, probability, partnership, percentages etc.
The questions based on verbal section and logical sections were comparatively easier.
Technical: 35 questions.
This section was the litmus test.
Most of the questions asked were from :-MOM, TOM, DME, THERMODYNAMICS, CAD/CAM & F. M.
Euler's formula holds good only for.
A. Short columns.
B. Long columns.
C. Both short and long columns.
D. Weak columns.
Two closely coiled helical springs 'A' and 'B' are equal in all respects but the number of turns of spring 'A' is half that of spring 'B' The ratio of deflections in spring 'A' to spring 'B' is.
F the depth is kept constant for a beam of uniform strength, than its width will vary in proportional to (where M = Bending moment).
B. (M) ^1/2.
The efficiency of Diesel cycle approaches to Otto cycle efficiency when.
A. Cut-off is increased.
B. Cut-off is decreased.
C. Cut-off is zero.
D. Cut-off is constant.
The entropy __________ in an irreversible cyclic process.
A. Remains constant.
Slip of a reciprocating pump is negative, when.
A. Suction pipe is short and pump is running at low speeds.
B. Delivery pipe is long and pump is running at high speeds.
C. Suction pipe is short and delivery pipe is long and the pump is running at low speeds.
D. Suction pipe is long and delivery pipe is short and the pump is running at high speeds.
The best strategy to go about this round is to attempt what you know and flag questions you are uncertain of. Remember there is a 0. 25 negative marking.
Technical Interview Questions:
In this round you will be tested for your basic knowledge relating to mechanical engineering.
It starts with introduction. Do remember to mention your favourite subject (Most of the questions quizzed on). Next he asked me about my minor project which was based on design. He quizzed me on GD&T, Angle of projection, My role in the project & Scope for improvement.
1) Build your resume/CV it adds worth to your skills and gives a message that you are ready to work at the industry level.
2) Everyone gets nervous. (Just don't show it).
3) Above all prepare well by referring websites like indiabix.com and some others just to know where you stand.
This in my opinion was the easiest round.
1) Introduce yourself.
2) Family Background.
3) Strengths & Weakness.
4) What do you know about BOSCH?
5) How can your skills benefit the company?
6) Will you be willing to sign a moral bond of 3 years.
Always have a positive attitude and make all that you have done in the past count.
All the best.