Hello! This is Abhishek Kachhwal, I attended Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions interview on 12th October 2014 (Test) and 14-15 October 2014 (Interview) which was conducted by Careernet consulting Bangalore, and successfully cleared the interview process and now working there.
I am sharing my experience with you fellow aspirants. All the best.
The job profile was for Associate Software Engineer (Electronics R& D). Branches permitted were E&C and Electrical (related). For Computer Science guys there was a different drive. Percentage criteria is 70.00% and above in 10th, 12th and B.Tech 2014 batch.
900-1000 students attended the drive (at least). Out of which 81 cleared the test and 20 cleared the final round of interview. The interviewers were bosch employees.
1. Technical and Aptitude test (35 and 25 questions with negative marking and also there was individual cut-off for each section).
2. Two rounds of Technical interviews (2+1 interviewer in each round).
3. One round HR.
I want to say that yes there is tough competition for electronics Jobs, It is not an IT job so do not expect that level. Brace Yourself.
I am sharing the question paper for Electronics related field (same for Electrical, I think not sure) (80% note + 20% memory based).
There were questions related to these sections. Prepare these .
1. Input Impedance of transistors.
2. drift velocity.
4. RMS values calculations.
5. Op Amp classifications (types).
6. Voltage regulations circuit.
7. Demux related switch.
8. Dual Slope Analog to Digital converter.
9. Coil Series Input Impedance.
10. Electrical circuit " Power calculation a circuit (numerical).
11. Control System - Signal Flow Graph.
12. Signal and Systems - Ramp Signal 2 feedback system.
13. Analog circuits: Common Emitter Gain bandwidth Product.
14. Source Follower with FET- voltage Gain.
15. RAM and ROM related - Microcontroller with memory buffer.
16. Flip Flop (must know).
17. Ripple factor of J-K flip flop.
18. 8085 Counter program.
19. Memory by data bus related questions.
20. Baud rate.
21. Time shared operating system.
22. Time slicing .
23. Free() function usage.
24. Obers Mall model. ( I don't have any idea what it was and is)
25. Logic Gate characteristic equation simplification.
26. Aptitude Questions (Quant+English+Logical).
Please note that there was different cut off for both sections so prepare technical topics as well.
This is what is noted down and remember now.
Out of 900 - 1000 student 81 students cleared the test.
Coming to technical interviews, there were 2 technical interviews, so cover your topics well.
Technical interview: My 1st interview was of 2 hours 10 minutes and 2nd interview was around 1 hour 15 minutes.
They covered everything that was on the resume. Every word, every technology mentioned in resume thoroughly. You must not mention anything that you think that you can be trapped into.
Ist Technical Interview: There were 2 interviewer.
Project, Training, Workshop : Explanation and everything that comes under this area. So cover these things properly. If you think that they can shift to a topic related to your project and training topics and prepare them, because they will definitely do so. Do not utter a single word that you don not well.
These topics were covered in my interview and questions were related to them "
Project " in detail - every block, every component, cross questions like why you use only this type of component. You must know what that component is doing in your circuit. They can relate any topic to that.
From this we came to related topics.
- Communication systems digital and analog communication : types, wave graph, equation , Tx and Rx circuit, from here they entered into OP-amp linear integrated circuit because TX and Rx circuit contains op-amp.
- LIC- op-amp, types of configuration and circuit related questions, different types of circuit with op-amp ex. Voltage to frequency amplifier, freq to voltage amp, logarithmic amplifier
- Filters: Low pass filter high pass, band pass filter circuit and working, From LIC we entered into,
- Basic Circuit theory: RC and LC, and RLC circuits, rectifiers. From there its time for,
- Digital electronics: Started from basic Gates truth table, Universal gates, why they called so, design OR AND NOT gate using Universal gates.
- Combinational and Sequential circuits: Difference, Half adder Full adder using NAND gate only.
- Multiplexer, Decoder: Working and some questions about difference between
Design a counter that count 1,3 ,5,9 random digits.
- Design a shift resistor and a number a given and to change this number into another one using this.
- Why do we need Asynchronous system.
- What is Debouncing in keypad.
- Microcontrollers: memory : stack, banks,
Program to change memory location of a byte.
- Program to check a switch and perform an action according to it.
- Analog Circuits: BJT and MOSFET application and key factor to decide it. Switching and Amplification purpose circuit.
I was not confident in this topic so I requested them to change the subject. They smiled and asked me why 80% ECE students hate Analog Circuits?
- Control System - Basic questions.
- Signal and systems - Fourier transformation.
- C Programming: Different type of variables?
- Int, Char, Double, Float size and range. Why we use double.
- Storage classes: Difference between main memory, Stack, Heap, Register memory?
- 2 tricky logics to write.
1. String reassembling .
2. Counting the number of numbers that have occurred more than 3 times in a array.
- DBMS: Normalization process, 2 queries, Deadlock : why it arises, solution to avoid it and remove it.
- MATLAB : Basic, Fourier transformation.
So basically they will ask everything from your project, training, everything that these contains (circuits, implementation), they will shift to each and every topic that you mention in your explanation so carefully choose your language.
2nd Technical interview: 1 interviewer and 1 hour.
Some of the topic were common in this one. But he wanted to know that how I implemented my final year project. Circuit interfacing, Programming, Problems faced and their solutions.
Time to frequency spectrum conversion.
Covered: Digital electronics, Analog communication, Analog circuits, Signal and Systems.
Some tricky question about daily electrical and electronics appliances.
- Direction of Ceiling and Table Fan rotation? Why Ceiling and Table Fan have opposite direction?
- Working of Wire Extender?
- Phase power supply?
- How Bluetooth works? USB working? QR code working?
And HR interview: This is just formality document verification.
You won't notice how time fly during interview.
And finally, I am a Bochsler, a magnificent company to start a career and grow with it, don't miss the chance.