HONEYWELL PAPER - 2001
The paper has 3 sections
1) Technical 35 questions
2) Analytical(aptitude) and Logical( GRE type)
3) C test 20 questions
1 and 2 sections combined time is 1 hour. section 3 is of 15 minutes
1) TRAP is a___________ interrupt?
2) CPU gets into wait state after it recognises ________ signal
3) if the value of a semaphore is -n(negative) then the no of processes waiting on the semaphore is
4) For recursive e procedures, the following is used..
5) Complexity of hash coded search for n elements is..
6) If we have to insert and delete at the both the ends of a Queue then the following is to be used..
7) Time taken to search a record from an array of 10 records in ascending order using binary search is
8) In queue the complexity of inserting into an element is..
9) what is the need to change the information system ?
i) new technology
ii) new requirements
10) I/O processor does the data transfer between main memory and I/o devices
11) why are wait states included?
to interface for slow peripheral device
12) 3 questions on Interrupts RST 7.5.....so study the interrupts well.
13) 2000 LXI SP,1...
2003 PUSH H
2005 PUSH D
2007 CALL ...
what are the contents of the Program counter and the stack contents?
14) Which register stores the address of the next instruction to be executed?
15) which is mainly responsible to load the operating system?
Boot strap loader
16) DOS has how many stacks?
17) one question on Cascading Amplifier..
19) In RAM how many transistors and capacitors?
i) 6 trans....0 capaci
ii) 4trans 2 capac
iii) 2 trans 4 capaci
20) there are some problems on pure electronics background ... around 5 problems
21) FIFO is
22) Some problem on Round Robin Scheduling ...
23) Virtual Memory is..
i) easy to implement
ii)less in efficiency of memory utilisation
24) a question on process synchronisation...
25)In a graph, there are 7 nodes and 5 independent loops then the no. of branches in the network?
26) Microcomputer input / output
27) In 8088,
i) 8 internal ..8 external
ii)8 internal....16 external
iii)16 internal...8 external
iv) 16 internal...16 external
28) When interrupt is received then the cpu does the following..
i) it waits for the next instruction from the interrupting device
ii)it goes to the subroutine
Analytical and logical:
Here the aptitude and logical questions are written mixed
1) Neena says that " Anitha's father Raman is the only son of my father-in-law Mahipal." How is Anitha's sister Bindu related to Mahipal?
None of these
2) If the provisions last for 30 days for 3000 men then if after 10 men are included then the remaining provisions last for how many days?
3) A and B earns in the ratio of 4:3 and the expenditure is in the ratio of 3:2 and tey each save an amount of Rs.500, then the income of B is?
4) If a man walks first and rides back then the time taken is 6 hours and 30 minutes. If he rides both ways then he gains a time of 2 hours and 10 minutes, then what is the time he takes to walk both ways?
8 hours and 40 minutes
5) If A if the fifth from the left side and B is sixth from the right side and they are interchanged. After that A is 13 the from the right side. What is is the B's position from the left?
6)In an organisation, 55% are men. 30% of the employees are full time. 60% of them are female. What is the percentage of the males among the full time employees?
7)A lengthy question on Geese, pigs....
8) A's in come is 50% more than B's. by how much percentage is B's income less than A?
9) In an exam 40% is the passing marks. a student got 40 marks and failed by 80 marks. What are the maximum marks in the exam?
10) a group of 100 people were surveyed.72 people ate from P and 52% ate from Q, then which of the following cannot be the no. of people who ate both at P and Q?
11) There are 6 people A, B, C, D, E, F. they are placed in 2 rows. C is diagonally opposite to D. E is not at the either ends of a row. then which of the following can be an arrangement?
12) there are the codes on English words.. like if CIRCUS can be coded as KORAB then THIS can be coded as?
13) there are some people like Alice, Dora,....and some relationships are there between them..
answer is.. Dora is the mother-in-law of Alice
14) there is a discount of 50%. A man buys a watch at original cost and the other at discount and if they both cost him 180/- then what is the original cost of the watch?
15) 3 numbers are added with some digits missing
what is the value of x?
the above nos are different. the answer is 7
16) there are some logical questions like in GRE ans also some arrangement problems.