DRDO Placement Paper (Interview Question Asked in ECE)
Paper: DRDO Placement Paper (Interview Question Asked in ECE)
The interview questions asked in ECE interview:-
1. Which college and university are you coming from?
2. Did you appear for GATE? Why are you not interested in higher studies?
3. Did you appear for IES?
4. Did you appear for any other board interview of public sector?
5. The subjects you have learned in college can be divided into three- basic electronics, communication and digital logic. Tell me any five subjects you like.
(I told radar and navigational aids, electronic warfare, satellite communication, biomedical instrumentation, fuzzy electronics and basic digital electronics as my subjects)
Board member1 (Question level- Moderate)
1. Write the truth table for full adder and implement it in NAND gate only.
2. What's the difference between looping 0s and 1s in K map?
3. Difference between microprocessor and micro controller
4. Microprocessors you are familiar with
5. How will you send and receive data to a micro-processor? (One method is I/O mapped I/O which is the other one?)
6. Radar range equation?
7. Does the radar range depend upon the frequency of the signal transmitted?
8. What is Doppler shift? What is its importance?
Board Member -2 (Question level- Tough)
1. I will make two fuzzy statements. Pencil is long. Table is long. What is the term long signify?
2. What is a membership function?
3. What are the design criteria for very low frequency amplifier?
4. Can you measure distance with the help of CW radar? If so how?
5. How will you design a stable oscillator? (Not with crystal oscillator because temperature affects it)
6. You have designed an amplifier. After few days it is found that its gain have changed. What might be the reason?
Board Member-3 (Question level- Moderate)
1. A plane is moving in a circular path around the transmitter of the radar. Will there be Doppler shift detected in the radar?
2. State Keplers laws
3. Why there is more geo synchronous satellite?
4. The angular difference between two satellites is 2 degree. What is the maximum number of satellites needed to cover the whole earth?
5. What is the minimum number of satellites needed to cover the whole earth?
Board Member-4 (Question level- Moderate)
1. Which is the law of conservation involved in the second of Keplers?
2. Why do you explain elliptical orbit while stating Kepler's law? Why not circular orbit?
3. What are the advantages of optical communication?
4. What are the invasive and non-invasive methods of instrumentation?
For CS guys they started with this question:
What is a key board? Where u will connect? What will happen if you press the keys?..
For maths guys they asked some questions on series.. I don't know muchSome guys were selected just by describing the final year project.
1. How can you design a phase detector using a XOR gate?
2. Questions abt differentiator and integrator. What will happen if we increase/decrease the values of R/C?
3. how will a low/high pass filters behave to different signals "ramp, pulse etc
4. questions on flip flops
5. Johnson counter
6. Questions on microprocessors- what is SIM?
7. About your project. What will happen when this/that happens to your project?
8. Radar, antenna and satellite communication.
9. Which is the first/latest communication satellite?
10. What is apogee /perigee?