BIRLASOFT PATTERN & INTERVIEW - APR 2010 - MATHURA
BIRLASOFT is a well known name in technology world, part of KC Birla group.
The whole selection process was divided in 3 sections
1. Aptitude Test
2. Group discussion
3. HR + Technical
This consisted of 50 questions. 25 of verbal-quant and 25 technical questions.
1. Verbal - Quant: This portion had 15 questions of quant which covered topics such as percentage, ratio, mixture, profit loss AP and GP.
while the verbal was a bit easier with 10 questions.
2. Technical: This was totally a mess. it has all ques from C, specially covering "C Preprocessors and pointers". other than that there were Java questions. but this was totally covering the basics.
250 appeared for this, and 73 cleared it.
the cut off usually lies b/w 35-40.
In this round even the HR seemed to be confused, it was not clear to him what a G.D. really is. he made it a gd-cum-debate round. instead of judging the qualities that must be judged in a GD he was just judging the English fluency.
topics given to various batches were :
1. "should mobile be banned"
2. "vision 2020"
HR and Technical
We had the HR round first. but I had it twice, Don't know why !! the first hr round was fine. HR in that round was a lady, who first asked me to introduce myself. then why was I willing to join Birlasoft, speak on a particular topic for a minute.
Then was my second HR. in that things started right, but all of a suden the HR started asking technical questions, such as sorting using pointers, then a puzzle and this round continued for 45 minutes. this new HR was just opposite.
This round was also fine. questions asked were :
1. calloc and malloc
2 arranging two numbers in ascending order without use of third variable
4. sort array using pointers
5. oops concept
6. oracle 9i based questions
* all questions based on details in resume.
The package offered was CTC of 2.5 lacks.
ALL THE BEST GUYS, HOPE YOU COME OUT WITH FLYING COLORS !!