Acctenture Interview Question
1. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, then the value of x is:
2. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
3. The average weight of 8 person's increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What might be the weight of the new person?
A. 76 kg
B. 76.5 kg
C. 85 kg
D. Data inadequate
E. None of these
4. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
A. 35 years
B. 40 years
C. 50 years
D. None of these
5. A car owner buys petrol at Rs.7.50, Rs. 8 and Rs. 8.50 per litre for three successive years. What approximately is the average cost per litre of petrol if he spends Rs. 4000 each year?
A. Rs. 7.98
B. Rs. 8
C. Rs. 8.50
D. Rs. 9
6. Rajeev buys good worth Rs. 6650. He gets a rebate of 6% on it. After getting the rebate, he pays sales tax @ 10%. Find the amount he will have to pay for the goods.
A. Rs. 6876.10
B. Rs. 6999.20
C. Rs. 6654
D. Rs. 7000
7. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
A. Rs. 375
B. Rs. 400
C. Rs. 600
D. Rs. 800
8. How much time will it take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
A. 3.5 years
B. 4 years
C. 4.5 years
D. 5 years
9. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. simple interest. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was:
A. Rs. 2000
B. Rs. 10,000
C. Rs. 15,000
D. Rs. 20,000
10. Two dice are thrown simultaneously. What is the probability of getting two numbers whose product is even?
11. In a class, there are 15 boys and 10 girls. Three students are selected at random. The probability that 1 girl and 2 boys are selected, is:
12. In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'LEADING' be arranged in such a way that the vowels always come together?
13. In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'CORPORATION' be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
14. Tea worth Rs. 126 per kg and Rs. 135 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 1 : 1 : 2. If the mixture is worth Rs. 153 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be:
A. Rs. 169.50
B. Rs. 170
C. Rs. 175.50
D. Rs. 180
15. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B is the ratio 7 : 5. When 9 litres of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7 : 9. How many litres of liquid A was contained by the can initially?
16. Look at this series: 7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, ... What number should come next?
17. 53, 53, 40, 40, 27, 27, ... What number should come next?
18. Window is to pane as book is to
19. SCD, TEF, UGH, ____, WKL
20. CMM, EOO, GQQ, _____, KUU