IBS latest selection procedure of campus recruitment for grdauates freshers jobs,IBSlatest 2012-2013 sample placement paper written test question with answers,
IBS Quantitative aptitude, probablity questions, etc.,IBS recruitment process consists IBS written test Technical and hr interview
IBS group disussion,friends review IBS previous years solved model written test question papers and IBS placement experiences
IBS 15 Quantitative aptitude Questions with answers
1 Deepak walked at 4 kmph for a certain part of his journey and took an auto, travelling at 25 kmph for the rest of the journey. If he took 42 minutes for the entire journey, what part of the journey did he walk given that his average speed for the entire journey was 10 kmph?
a. 1 km
Speed is 10 kmph; Time is 42 min
So, total distance = 42/60*10= 7 km
Let x km be the walking distance
Therefore, x/4 + (7-x)/25 = 42 min.= 7/10 hours
2 1x= 70-28=42
x= 2 km.
2.9. 17, 88, 176, 847, 1595, ____.
Solution: The digits in each number are reversed and the number so formed is added to the original number.
17 + 71 = 88; 88 + 88 = 176; 176 + 671 = 847 and so on.
Similarly, 1595 + 5951 = 7546.
3. 10. 28, 38, 49, _____, 70, 77
28+10, 38+11, 49+13, _____+8, 70+7, 77
The sum of the digits in each number is added to the number to get the next number in the series.
28 2 + 8 = 10 and 28 + 10 = 38.
38 3 + 8 = 11 and 38 + 11 = 49.
Similarly,, 49 49 + 13 = 62.
4 A fox spots a rabbit 100m away and starts chasing him. The rabbit realizes this after two minutes and starts running in the opposite direction to a burrow, which is 40m from where he is right now. Rabbit covers 1m in 3 leaps whereas the fox covers 3m in 4 leaps. At what speed the rabbit should run so that he just manages to reach the burrow if the fox is running at 20 m/min?
a. 24 leaps/min
b. 18 leaps/min
c. 16 leaps/min
d. 180/11 leaps/min.
In two minutes the fox will cover 2*20= 40 metres.
Now, the distance between the fox and rabbit= 100-40= 60 metres.
Now, since they both should reach the burrow simultaneously rabbit will run 40 metres where as the fox has to run 60+40= 100m.
Time taken by fox to run 100m
= 100/ (20*3/4)= 20/3 minute.
Rabbit has to run 40 metres in 20/3 minute.
Therefore, his speed= 40/(20/3)= 6 metres/min.
As the rabbit covers 1 metre in 3 leaps his speed will be 6*3= 18
5. Mr. Dua invested money in two schemes A and B offering compound interest @8p.c.p.a and 9 p.c.p.a respectively. If the total amount of interest accrued through two schemes together in two years was Rs.4828.30 and the total amount invested was Rs.27000. What was the amount invested in Scheme A?
6. There is a road beside a river. Two friends started from a place A, moved to a temple situated at another place B and then B and then returned to A again. One of them moves on a cycle at a speed of 12km/hr, while the other sails on a boat at a speed of 10km/hr. If the river flows at the speed of 4 km/hr, which of the two friends will return to place A first?
a. boat sailor
d. cannot determine
7 1950 January has exactly 4 Saturdays and 4 Wednesdays. Which day of the week Indian Republic came into existence.?
Answer : Thursday
8. Two buses start from the opposite points of a main road, 150kms apart. The first bus runs for 25kms and takes a right turn and then runs for 15 kms. It then turns left and runs for another 25 kms and takes the direction back to reach the mai road. In the meantime, due to a minor breakdown, the other bus has run only 35 kms along the main road. What would be the distance between the two buses at this point?
c. 80 kms
9.. A person is celebrating his birthday. On his birthday cake, the number of candles are equivalent to his present age. This time the number of candles on cake is six times the number of years since his marriage plus two candles. The person married at the age of 27. What is the present age of the person ?
c) 35 years
d) 32 years
10. I take a four digit number and subtract the sum of its digits from it. In the result I strike off one of the digits and the remaining three digits of the result are 2, 4 and 6 (not necessarily in that order). Find the digit struck off by me.
11. Shivani started her homework assignment at a particular time between 3 and 4’O clock. When she completed her assignment between 5 and 6’O clock, she found the hour and minute hand positions to be the same as those of the minute and hour hands respectively when she started her assignment. How long did she spend on the assignment? (Clock)
112 7/13 minutes
108 3/13 minutes
109 6/13 minutes
110 10/13 minutes
12 If the time shown by a clock is 2:27, then what time does its mirror image show?
Ans: Option (b).
13 The probability that a man hit the target is ¾. He tries five times. The probability that he will hit the target at least three times, is
14 A year picked randomly from 1900 to 2000(including both). What is the probability that it has 53 Sundays?
15.. In a class of 18 students the average age of the students with the first twelve roll numbers is 15 years and that of the last 12 is 16 years. If the average age of the students with the middle six roll numbers is 14 years, then what is the average age of the entire class?
a) 15 years
b)16 years -Ans
c) 15.5 years
d) 16.5 years