GE was on our campus on 30-JULY-2007. Recruitment was done for both HTC (Hyderabad technological centre, Hyderabad) and JFWTC (John F.Welch technological center, Bangalore). Pay scale 3.6L P.A for B.Tech and 4.75L P.A for M.Tech guys.Thanks to Fresher’s world which helped me a lot in getting into my dream company. I hope my experience may help you a lot.
For Electrical – 10 Aptitude and 10 Technical questions.
For Civil – 10 Aptitude and 10 Technical questions.
For Mechanical – 10 Aptitude and 10 Technical questions.
For Electronics – 10 Aptitude questions.
For Computer Science – 10 Aptitude and 10 Technical questions in C.
Duration of test 30 minutes. Each correct answers carries 1mk .
Note: Negative marking of ¼ mk exists for each wrong answer.
Getting through the written test is quite easy. Then we had Technical interview followed by HR interview.
This paper is for Electrical students. Hope aptitude is almost same for all branches, only technical paper is different.
1. The time taken by boat to row upstream 2km and downstream 6km is same. Calculate
the speed of boat in still water.
a) 4kmph b) 8kmph c) 2kmph
2. A, B, C can finish a piece of work in 12 days. A alone can finish the same work in 20
days. B alone can finish the same work in 18 days. In how days C alone can complete
the same work.( numbers are not accurate but question is of this type).
3. The fungus in a vessel doubles for every 5minutes.at 3.00 P.M the fungus in the vessel
is 120. at what time the fungus rate is 960.
Ans 3.15 P.M
4. The size of the room is 120x80 and the size of each tile is 2.4x1.8. Find minimum
number of tiles required to cover the floor (number are not accurate)
5. A triangle inscribed in a circle is given and asked to find out the angle. (A bit tough
question among all the questions)
6. AB and CD are two chords of a circle. AB=2*CD. The perpendicular distance of
chords AB and CD from the center of the circle are a, b respectively. Express AB in
terms of a, b.
7. A pipe can fill tank in 3 hrs. A hole a bottom of tank can empty the tank in 6 hrs. After
½ hr the hole at the bottom of tank is opened. Find the time taken to fill the tank
completely. (Numbers are not accurate. Problem of this model is given)
8. Problem on figures is given. Some sequence of figures (around 5) are given and asked
to find the next figure that comes in sequence.
1. In dc motor the motion of conductor is given by
a) Flemming’s right hand rule b) Fleming’s left hand rule
c) Cork screw rule d) …………………… Ans b.
2. The resistance of conductor is R. If the conductor length gets doubled and cross section
is reduced by half a times then the resistance of conductor is
a).R remains same b) R gets reduced by 2
c) R increases by 2 d) R increases by 4 Ans d.
3. Two plates of cross section 2mm2 are separated by a distance of 1cm. the capacitance
between these plates is
( I don’t remember exact figures, question of this to compute the value of capacitance
C = €A/d)
4. No of poles, speed of the alternator, etc are given and asked to find the voltage induced
in the rotor ckt of the alternator.
5. In parallel circuit under resonance
a) current is maximum b) impedance is minimum
c) voltage magnification takes place d) current magnification takes place
6. 3 resistances of R/2 are connected in star , the magnitude of resistances when
connected in delta is
7. Problem on dual networks
Sorry I could not recall remaining questions. For aptitude R.S.Agarwal aptitude
R.S.Agarwal verbal and non verbal reasoning are more than enough. For technical just
prepare basic concepts in networks and machines.
This is the basic elimination round. My interview lasted for about 45 to 50min.
Before attending the interview just have a very good brush up in all the electrical subjects especially power systems protection, machines, power system operation and control, power electronics and drives.
Answer all questions with great confidence . Be cool. GE people are very friendly. Dont give up any question quite easily Try till last they will help you at most of times. Try to answer all the questions. Once you get through this round they will ask you to stay back for next round.
This is very very cool round among all the rounds.95% its not elimination round. Here they test your communication skills and your problem handling capability. For me it was just 30-40min.For one of my friend it lasted for about 1and ½ hr.
Here they asked me quite general questions like
Tell me about urself.
Hobbies and interests.
Areas of interest.
Tell me about GE.
Ur dream company other than GE.
How many days you will be in GE
Some more questions of this type were asked.
At last results were announced. Only 6 got selected and I’m very happy to say that I’m one among them.
Good luck my dear friends. Hope Meet u back very soon in GE.